查爾斯的慈善現金捐贈 "不會再發生"。

2個月前
查爾斯的慈善現金捐贈 "不會再發生"。

他們說:"那時是這樣,現在是這樣。"此前有報道稱查爾斯王子在一個行李箱和手提袋中接受了大約250萬英鎊的現金。

星期日泰晤士報》曾報道,2011年至2015年期間,卡塔爾前首相謝赫-哈馬德-本-賈西姆向威爾士親王的慈善基金提供了這些捐款。

這引起了人們對用紙幣進行如此巨額捐款的原因的質疑,但王室高層人士表示,所有必要的檢查和審計程序都已經進行了。

"王室消息人士說:"情況、背景多年來一直在變化。"我可以肯定地說,半個多世紀以來,這種情況沒有發生過,也不會再發生。"

這與該慈善機構主席伊恩-切希爾爵士的回應相呼應,他曾告訴英國廣播公司,接受這麼多現金的 "光學效應 "看起來並不好,但在當時,中東的富人使用大量現金的情況並不罕見。

作為卡塔爾主權財富基金的負責人,他曾被稱為 "買下倫敦的人",因為他投資了諸如The Shard和Harrods等地標性房產和企業。

沒有禁止向慈善機構提供現金捐款的規定,但慈善委員會表示,它將考慮這些報告,並決定是否需要採取任何行動或發起正式審查。

威爾士親王慈善基金是查爾斯親王設立的幾個慈善機構之一,它不再設在克拉倫斯宮,今年早些時候已將地址改為倫敦市中心的其他商業場所。

他已經寫信給倫敦警察局,要求將這些最新的報告納入正在進行的關於以現金換取榮譽的調查中,其中涉及王子的另一個慈善機構。


"That was then, this is now," they said, following reports Prince Charles had accepted around £2.5m in cash in a suitcase and carrier bags.

The Sunday Times had reported that the donations had been made to the Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund between 2011 and 2015 by a former prime minister of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim.

This raised questions about the reasons for such a large donation being made in bank notes, but the senior royal source said that all the necessary checks and auditing processes had been been carried out.

"Situations, contexts change over the years," said the royal source. "I can say with certainty that for more than half a decade, this has not happened and it would not happen again."

This echoes the response of Sir Ian Cheshire, chair of the charity, who had told the BBC that the "optics" of accepting so much cash did not look good, but that at the time it was not uncommon for wealthy people in the Middle Eastern to use large amounts of cash.

As head of Qatar's sovereign wealth fund, he had been called "the man who bought London" after investments in landmark properties and businesses such as The Shard and Harrods.

There are no rules against making cash donations to charities, but the Charity Commission has said it will consider the reports and decide whether it needs to take any action or launch a formal review.

The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund, one of several charities set up by Prince Charles, is no longer based at Clarence House, having changed address to other commercial premises in central London earlier this year.

He has written to the Metropolitan Police, asking for these latest reports to be included into ongoing investigations into claims of cash for honours, involving another of the prince's charities.

編輯精選

熱門新聞