馬爾登:家庭住宅被充電的Vape引起的火災所吞噬

1週前
馬爾登:家庭住宅被充電的Vape引起的火災所吞噬

消防部門表示,一個家庭的住宅被一場由無人看管的電子煙槍引起的火災燒毀。

格林尼治標準時間周二13:40,五名消防隊員被叫到位於埃塞克斯郡馬爾登的澤西路的房子。

埃塞克斯郡消防和救援服務說,一樓的一間臥室被 "火焰吞噬",然後蔓延到屋頂。

馬爾頓消防站的值班經理馬丁-凱布爾說。"這場火災對房子造成了廣泛的破壞,住戶在一段時間內將無法在那裡生活--有很多損失需要修復。

"火災是從臥室開始的,一個插在充電器上的Vape被放在床上,無人看管。

"吸煙器過熱,將床上用品和床墊點燃。然後火勢在臥室里蔓延。

他說,這表明 "考慮一下你應該如何為你的電氣物品安全充電 "是多麼重要。

他建議人們使用 "有信譽的充電器,而不是廉價的替代品",並且永遠不要讓電器設備在無人看管的情況下充電,並把它們放在 "防火的表面,而不是床或沙發上,因為它們更易燃"。


A family home was gutted by a fire caused by an electronic vape that was left charging unattended, a fire service said.

Five crews were called to the house on Jersey Road, Maldon, Essex, at 13:40 GMT on Tuesday.

A first floor bedroom was "engulfed in flames" before it spread to the roof, Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said.

Watch manager, Martin Cable, from Maldon Fire Station, said: "This fire has caused extensive damage to the house and the occupants will not be able to live there for some time - there is a lot of damage to repair.

"The fire started in the bedroom where a vape, which was plugged into a charger, was left on the bed unattended.

"The vape overheated and caught the bedding and mattress alight. The fire then spread around the bedroom."

He said it showed how important it is to "think about how you should charge your electrical items safely".

He advised people to use a "reputable charger and not a cheap alternative" and to never leave electrical devices charging unattended and to leave them on "a fire resistant surface, not a bed or sofa which are much more flammable".

編輯精選

熱門新聞