在一起 "邪惡 "事件中，三隻狗被毒死後，薩福克警方警告寵物主人要提高警惕。
查找BBC新聞。英格蘭東部在Facebook、Instagram和Twitter上。如果你有一個故事的建議，請發電子郵件到 [email protected]
Police in Suffolk have warned pet owners to be vigilant after three dogs were poisoned in a "wicked" incident.
Rural officers issued the alert after the dogs were targeted with food laced with pentobarbital, an anaesthetic normally used for sedation and euthanasia.
The pets, which had been roaming at the rural property in west Suffolk, were found unconscious but made a recovery.
Police believe the poisonings were deliberate and could have been carried out by thieves targeting the home.
Sgt Brian Calver from the rural and wildlife policing team said, "This is a particularly worrying incident.
"Criminals will go to great lengths to steal other people's property but this is simply disgusting and wicked."
Sgt Calver urged people who allow their dogs to wander at night to reconsider their security.
Find BBC News: East of England on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you have a story suggestion email [email protected]